Back to top
If you are looking for somewhere to hold a community meeting then you are welcome to make a booking request for the use of one of our spaces.
We have the following Meeting rooms available for community use;
Waipawa Library Meeting Room;
- Can seat up to 10
- TV available
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Te Huinga Wai/Knowledge and Learning Hub, Waipukurau;
For more details on the following spaces please click below;
Meeting Room Tahi
Meeting Room Rua
To make a booking please use the form below or you can call Waipawa Library on 06 857 8123 or Te Huinga Wai 06 858 1954
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are in place to serve you and your fellow users of the Knowledge and Learning Hub - Te Huinga Wai so that we can continue to meet the needs of our community. These terms and conditions are subject to change. Please come back and check these regularly and if you have any questions do contact us for clarification.
- The Knowledge and Learning Hub - Te Huinga Wai is a shared facility. Please respect all other users and limit your activities to the area you have booked.
- Booking times include set up and break down in order to allow you to leave the venue ready for the next user.
- Please return any equipment utilised during your booking to the correct position at the end of your session. Users are liable for any damages that occur to the property and equipment as a result of the user/group’s actions.
- All groups must have a nominated point of contact, who is responsible for the group and the premises, for the duration of the booking.
- Adult supervisors (age 20+) are required for children and youth groups. The recommended number of required supervisors is one adult per five children.
Cancellations / Amendments
- In the event of a cancellation or change to a booking, please give staff as much notice as possible so as not to inconvenience other users.
- On rare occasions such as in the event of an emergency, it may be necessary for a confirmed reservation may be cancelled. Should an event be cancelled for this reason, it will be rescheduled at a convenient time for the group and the venue. If rescheduling cannot be done, a full refund will be given.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Please leave the space as you would like to find it. Return tables and chairs to their original positions, remove any excess rubbish and use the cleaning equipment supplied to clean up any mess.
- Any additional cleaning performed by staff or contractors as a direct result of your booking to get the facility back to a satisfactory condition may incur an additional charge.
Health and Safety
- Please keep exits clear and visible at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the health and safety of all persons attending their event. Please take all practical steps to ensure your safety and well-being, and that of anyone else in your group, while using the Knowledge and Learning Hub - Te Huinga Wai.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Evacuation Plans located at all entrance/exits, the location of the First Aid Kit and the Assembly Point.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is
accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant
government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online
graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced
information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - www.chblibrary.co.nz / +64 06 858 9154 / firstname.lastname@example.org