Central Hawke's Bay District Libraries are excited to introduce Rongoā Workshops to our community.
Rongoā is the practice of traditional Māori medicine. Especially useful during the colder months to assist with coughs and colds etc.
These workshops are ideal for Beginners.
All resources are provided.
By the end of the workshop you will learn:
- Understand basic Te Reo Maaori & Tikanga when working with Kawakawa.
- Understand our purakau(story) surrounding the use of Kawakawa for healing.
- Understand how we harvest, prepare and infuse Kawakawa.
- Have an understanding of using specific essential oils with our Kawakawa carrier oil.
- Take your own infused Kawakawa carrier oil home for future use - workshop 1
- Make a Kawakawa massage oil (for aches & pains) & a Balm (for coughs & colds) - workshop 2
If you have missed out on spaces for the November workshops please click on the link below.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - www.chblibrary.co.nz / +64 06 858 9154 / email@example.com