Back to top
Libraries Covid-19 Update - 12th May 2020
With the government announcing the move to Level 2 on Wednesday 13th May 2020 11.59pm We can announce that Waipukurau Library only, will be open from Thursday 14th May 2020. Until this time both Libraries will remain close with Waipawa continuing to be closed.
Waipukurau Library will open with the following changes and guidelines in place;
- Opening hours will be 10.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, No Saturday opening.
- There will be no access to Chromebooks.
- We will not have physical newspapers available.
- No unaccompanied minors, that is, all children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- We will only be allowing 15 people in the library at any one time in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We ask that you bring your Library Card with you. If you do not have one we can issue you a new one.
- Before entering and exiting the library we request that you use hand santiser (this will be provided) and contact name and information is provided for government required contact tracing.
- We request that you limit your visit within the library to 20 minutes and please send in one person from your household/bubble.
- There will be no regular programming running and to observe social distancing we are not able to work closely one on one with our library patrons.
Central Hawke's Bay District Council Services in Waipukurau Library will continue to operate within the modified opening hours.
AA Services within Waipukurau Library will continue to operate within the modified opening hours.
New Digital Only Membership
Not currently a member? You can now sign up for the Digital Only Membership which will allow you to access these resources.
Just head to -https://ent.kotui.org.nz/client/en_AU/chb/ then choose "Join the Library"
If you already have a card but don't know your card number or pin? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 8589154
Monday, 2 September 2019
The libraries are busy this month processing around 64,000 of our items, to be compatible with new self-issue kiosks set to launch in the libraries this October.
The new RFID (radio frequency identification) technology being installed, will mean customers can quickly and easily self issue or return items - but only if they have a library card.
Until November we are waiving the replacement fee on any lost cards and encourage customers to come into the library for a new card so they'll be able to use the self issue kiosks.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is
accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant
government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online
graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced
information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - www.chblibrary.co.nz / +64 06 858 9154 / email@example.com